Water makes up about two-thirds of your body weight and a person cannot survive without water more than a few days. Every cell, organ and tissue in the body depends on water. It plays very important roles:
- It helps maintain the balance of body fluids.
- It regulates and maintains body temperature.
- It lubricates your joints and eyes.
- It protects your tissues, spinal cord and joints.
- It helps your body remove waste products and toxins.
- It aids digestion.
- It helps control calorie intake.
- It helps keep your skin looking good and youthful.